What do our tattoos talk about us?
We make tattoos from a wide variety of motivations – we can explain them far from all. Meanwhile, surrounding the tattoo is associated with certain features of nature, education and social status.
1. Women with tattoos are considered less attractive. Such a conclusion was made by British scientists Virere Swami and Adrian Ferham (Viren Swami, Adrian Furham). In the course of the study * Participants (students and students) showed different images of young women in swimsuits – some had a tattoo near the pubis, among others on the top of the hand, from third in both places, there were no fourth tattoos. Then the participants requested to estimate the woman in three parameters: 1) physical appeal, 2) moral stability, 3) alcohol consumption. Tattooed women were assessed as less attractive, less morally sustainable and more inclined to use alcohol. The difference manifested especially strongly, if a woman had two tattoos.
2. People with tattoos consider less educated, Founded during the study Psychologists John Seiter and Sarah Hatch (John Seiter, Sarah Hatch) from University Utah, USA. If a person wants to make his appearance unusual with a tattoo, express his desire for individuality, is natural that people with tattoos are perceived as more introverted and having less developed social skills **. The lower level of knowledge that is attributed to the carriers of tattoos observers seems to be combined in their presentation with the first two characteristics.
3. Female teacher with tattoo Students assesses as a more creative personality. Psychologist David Waizman (David Wiseman) from Brookdale College (New Jersey, USA) showed participants to study photos of the same young woman ***. She had one, then two, then not a single tattoo. Students reported that this is a new teacher, and asked to familiarize themselves with a laudatory review of her from the face of the fictional head of the department. In it, it was called competent, progressive, open pedagogical innovations. After reading the review, students were offered to evaluate it in the following parameters: motivation, organization, susceptibility, creative approach to teaching. The most positive reviews received "Teacher" with two tattoos. It can be assumed that if the accusation is "accused" in low education, the remaining characteristics change their sign with a minus plus: antisociality turns into a bright personality, protest – in creativity.
4. Candidates with tattoos do not want to take on qualified work. Especially in the field of trade, tourism and beauty industry. Such results received in its research **** Dermatologist from Australia Philip Bekhor (Philip Bekhor). He reproduced the situation of hiring and evaluating candidates and found out that employers act under the influence of stereotypes: a tattoo for them means a tendency to adventure and fights. Therefore, its presence adversely affects the chances to occupy the place of a qualified employee. And even if the chief himself also has a tattoo, notes a similar study ***** Andrew Timming (Andrew Timming) from the University of St. Andrews, Scotland.
5. Tattoo – advantage for military candidates. The guards with a tattoo is easier to manage with prisoners, as reported Andrew Timming, manager of prison personnel. But when taking a job in the construction sector, as well as the jobs, the tattoo does not matter.
"I have never had problems with work due to a tattoo," said Professor Bruce Potts (Bruce Potts), Teacher of speaker skill from university in New Mexico, whose face is completely covered with a bright African tattoo. – Success depends on how a person has placed himself in general, and not only from how he looks like ".