"What do you think I’m a maniac?" – Training your children until it’s late
Daily in search and rescue detachment "Lisa Alert" Average 17 applications for finding missing people, about a third of them – to search for children. The prevention group conducts free classes for children to teach them safe behavior in the forest and on the street, and also organizes lectures for parents to tell about what to teach children and what to fear. On them we are talking about the rules that are written, unfortunately, tears and blood.
Security rules that need to teach a child
– Always talk to any suggestions "No" unfamiliar people. If the child is more comfortable to just leave or say "Sorry, my mother does not allow me to talk with unfamiliar", Teach it this. Explain that at the same time he should not feel embarrassed itself, it is his right.
– Explain that adults must ask for help from other adults, and not a child. Almost all parents, like a mantra, repeat: "Do not go with someone’s uncle, whatever he offered – candy, kitten, doll, phone", But few people think about the fact that someone else’s uncle can not only offer, but also ask. Naturally, you can help your grandparents to climb the bus or convey a bag before the entrance, but you can not go to someone else’s entrance.
– Explain that no one is capable of outwardly distinguish "Good" man Ot "Poor" And that a friendly young girl is still someone else’s.
– The child should not obey all adults in a row. This leads to the fact that the children go with other people’s people or open the door to an unfamiliar person who strictly demanded it to open. Explain who he should obey, and who is not, help him understand who his own, and who is strangers.
– Teach him not to be asked to ask for help, if he was lost, who can ask for: a person with a child, a police officer, a guard, a place worker, where it is located, – seller, cashier, cleaners.
– Teach the child to trust yourself, and if he has an unusual behavior of someone else’s adult, do not think that it seemed to him, and take measures to protect himself: to leave, escape, ask for help. Children are often awkward: they are afraid that the adult will be offended, it will understand that the child he suspects him, will laugh at him. In a situation where the child does not sit down in an elevator with a stranger, if someone else says: "What do you think I’m a maniac?" – The child can go with him. The same applies to familiar adults who show unusual interest to the child: they are stroking, they touch for different places – the child often convinces himself in what it seemed to him, or simply does not understand what is happening, but feels that something is wrong. Explain that strangers should not touch him.
– Explain to the child that if someone is threatened with him, it means that this person is very afraid of. Any threats and requirements do not speak to parents about anywhere – the reason you immediately tell you. Explain that if someone is trying to make a child do something, threatening anything, right up to the murder of his parents, he must immediately tell you about it.
– Teach the child to the fact that he should not anyone! If someone about something asks for your child or demands something from him, let him first be asked: why should I do it, why should I? Why do I wake up in 4.20, why go behind this person why I have to open the door or send my photo?
– Teach the child not only to follow the time, but also call you when he goes somewhere without you and when he comes. Show on your example that you, adults, do the same thing you are worried about each other, and do not want to control it, that this is normal concern for each other. Ourselves call each other in the evening when you leave work. This is a useful habit, sometimes saving caller, if it does not appear on time.
– Look with the child the main rule lost: if you realized that I was lost, stay in place! Next, you should ask for help from a person with a child, an employee of this place, a police or guard, but it is definiciently impossible to leave from the place where he lost, with a stranger man.
– Explain to the child that if it is unexpectedly from school, it is not the same person that usually – someone from familiar, relatives, the housekeeper, and so on, and you did not warn it about it, – he must call you and clarify that he takes Today it is this man. In the same way, he should call you if someone from not close relatives offers it to pass. Unfortunately, friends and relatives sometimes come seriously and may consider that the child is a good argument in this quarrel.
– Teach the child to scream loudly loudly. All my life we explain to children that they must behave quietly and do not interfere with others, so when the threat of their lives arises, they are silent. He should shout, if he was lost, including in the city, and if someone tries to grab it or exhibits aggression. Arrange for this workout in the forest and then be sure to try it in the city.
Regularly repeat the safety rules to the child, play with him, let’s "Tag". We are in "Lisa Alert" At various times, an experiment was carried out: they collected children to occupation, and before the occupation, our volunteers tried to lead children. 29 out of 30, 9 out of 10 leave.
Security rules on the Internet
– Do not prohibit the child to start your page on the social network if he asks about it. Surely it has already done many of his friends, and he also wants, do not make him outclazing among them and do not make them make yourself a secret account. On the contrary – sit down together, make a page together, go through the network, see different options, groups, publics, explain to him, what are the opportunities that there are tags, show what to do with indecent pictures, advertising and spam, show the competent reaction to all this.
– Teach the Child Security Regulations on the Internet: Do not post your photos and contacts in open access, do not respond to "Attractive" suggestions from other people’s people, remember that he never knows who is actually an unfamiliar person who seems to be, for example, his peer. Explain what dangers exist.
– from time to time browse the list "Friends" Your child, pay attention to adult people, if it is not a teacher, see which groups he reads and what publics are signed. On the Internet, a mass of attractively presentable information about drugs, suicides and other things will fall on the child. And yes, "Groups about whales" really exist and really carry a threat to a child. Explain to the child the meaninglessness of participation in this and what adults are behind this who are looking for managed children for their purposes.
Safety Rules for Parents
– try to photograph your child more often. It is necessary in case you have to look for it. Know his wardrobe – so that if the child disappears older age, it was possible to determine what he left and took a stock with him. If you are going to an event with a child, where there will be many people, take a picture of it before going out: In the loss of child, parents often cannot remember from stress, what they dressed before going out.
– control the time when the child must come home. If he is delayed half an hour, start calling to the teacher, his friends, a teacher with a mug, parents of friends, an ex-husband. Do not feel awkward when you have to bother other people due to the fact that the child did not come on time: the situation’s disappearance situation is extreme, and in it you just have to do it as soon as possible, and even after half an hour it will return and it will be that he began to play with friends. Do not forget to call back to whom you called, thank and report that he returned.
– if a child or someone from your adult relatives calls and asks him to meet – do not be lazy and stitched it, do not say "You will come to you, already big"! A person can be awkwardly explaining the reason by phone, he can not always say "I think they go for me". Just spend five minutes and stitches.
– Agree with the class teacher, which is always, if the child does not go to school, you call him, and if you do not call, and the child did not come, the teacher immediately calls you. In most cases, when the child did not reach the school in the morning, we only know about it in the evening when he did not come home, it is extremely rare in school someone begins to worry if the child has appeared.
– the child’s phone and elderly parents must be decorated for you! The cellular operator gives the printout of his calls only to someone who registered the phone, and the information about where the subscriber is with the phone is, you will receive in a better case in 2-3 days – and this is another reason to start the search as early as possible.
– use modern gadgets and programs and in order to protect your children and elderly relatives. In smartphones you can install programs – GPS locators of members of your family ("My family", "My friends") To any phone for a small fee you can connect your mobile operator to the subscriber’s location service. This service has all companies from "Large triple".
– In the event of a disappearance of the child, they immediately call 112 – the emergency service, do not wait. Your call is a missing disappearance. "Rules of three days" neither for children nor in relation to adults does not exist. To apply for the fact that a person disappeared, any person, regardless of the related links with the missing, by calling 112, or who came to you at the call along, or in any (not only in his own), and it is obliged to immediately accept, not persuading you wait until lost "walks and come". If suddenly you do not want to take a statement in the ATS, and the same applies to the missing adults, you call 112 and report it to the operator, pointing the department number.
Do not scold a child when it will be found, do not shout at him, do not beat or, at least, first apologize for what you say: "Sorry, please, I will be sharpe now, but I can’t tell it". Explain to him that you worried, tell us about those troubles that could happen to him. It is important not to scare it, because children who really lost can so be afraid of punishment that they themselves will hide and not respond.
The prevention group of the search and rescue unit "Lisa Alert": Alina Pavlyukova, Ekaterina Gogina, Ksenia Knorre Dmitriev